Monday, March 21, 2011

Tippett - selections from 'The Midsummer Marriage'



I have posted this before but just recently I bought the complete opera on the Lyrita label(2CD). I have loved and always will love this opera. Last time I owned this work and recording was some 35 years ago when it was available in vinyl on the Phillips label. Originally recorded by Lyrita in July 1970, it was licensed to Phillips for marketing purposes. At the time, Lyrita made the best recordings of any company on the planet but the company was not well known at all. Even by today's standards, Lyrita's recordings are still hard to beat. Please go out and purchase this wonderful opera.....it's rewards are bountiful!

Discover and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi sport:
    Glad to see a post of yours. I have been out of circulation and will be for a couple of days...dentist stuff you know and I am very uncomfortable as I write this.
    Will be gone back to the sack to slumber and hope that the pain killers take effect.

    I still love the one who brings a little joy into my life.

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete