Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy "chocolate-egg-laying-bunny" holidays!

To start off, I am a Gnostic and Pentecostal at that. Despite the fact that I am a dedicated Deist, I despise religion and all it's implications. The early Christians had it right before the literalists(Catholic Church) took over. To the early Christians, the crucifixion was merely a fable they told to their children before they went to bed. According to the apostle Paul, the gentiles were not under Mosaic Law. The need for redemption was of no concern to the non-Hebraic christians. Why force them to believe they had "sins"(Jewish theology) when they simply were not Jews? The fact that I'm not Jewish means the "law" and "sin" should not apply to me, so what the hell do I need of a "savior" to die on a cross to save me from sins I don't have? Furthermore, why do modern day nutball christians spend so much time on sin, redemption and bloody crucifixion? Oh yah, I forgot......to get every damn penny/dollar out of your pocket while providing a "free" ticket to heaven. WRONG....WRONG...WRONG!!!!

If the bible is infallible then I invite you to look up the "First Book of John", toward the end of the Bible. Go to chapter 3 and read. To paraphrase the passage, "if the seed of God is within you, you can NOT sin". What christian today would admit the seed is not within them? So why spend so much time discussing sin....oh yah, I forgot.....money....money....and more money(the root of all evil)!
Jesus also said "do not judge or you too will be judged"(Matthew 7). What gives them the right to condemn others? BUT then again it's easier to condemn somebody, offer them some Jesus and then "fish" through their wallets, rather than actually help them deal with life. I call them fraud fiends and con artists. It's a blessing to know that when they die, the money stays.....ain't it a pity?

Sorry to mention this, but Jesus did say that the two most important commandments are these: "to love the Lord God with all our hearts" and the second is like unto it: "love one another". He said all the Law and Prophets hung on these two simple "rules". Do these and you are,in the flesh, in the Kingdom of God. If one does these simple requests, the question remains.....Who needs the damn book(Bible)?

So what does Easter mean? It's a "Pagan" fertility holiday and out of this we get bunnies that lay chocolate eggs and a God that simply could NOT forgive humanity until "we killed" his son(??!!). Sounds a bit kooky?....yup, but watch God's "servants" calling out "pass the loot" (also known as PTL) at this festive holiday! Maybe we'll get some free tickets on the express train to heaven(with a $1,000.00 or more donation)! I know, as during my stupid youth I was dumb enough to work for the "700" Club. Greedy bastards, all of them! My suggestion.....get yourself a chocolate easter egg, get outside to enjoy the warmer weather and forget winter. Mother nature is coming alive!

Can anybody spare an extra Cadbury easter egg?

No comments:

Post a Comment