Saturday, May 22, 2010

A "Das Lied von der Erde" for me..... finally!

In a previous post I had mentioned that I purchased a chamber version of Mahler's masterpiece. The recording was made by Harmonia Mundi and features Phillippe Herreweghe conducting the Ensemble Musique Oblique with Birgit Remmert and Hans Peter Blochwitz. In all the 35 years I have known this work, I've finally found a recording that pleases me! Especially Mr. Blochwitz's(tenor) performance, as no singer on any recording has ever satisfied me. This version and recording is simply the best I have ever heard by anyone and in my opinion, one of the best Mahler recordings EVER!

The recording is on YouTube but I am unable to post this on my blog! Please investigate and discover the revealed treasures in this version!

No comments:

Post a Comment