Thursday, May 13, 2010

Piston in all his glory!



I have always admired the American mind in music! American music has enriched my life in ways I can hardly imagine. Composers such as Walter Piston, Roy Harris, William Schuman, Leonard Bernstein(composer and conductor), Aaron Copland, George Rochberg, Samuel Barber and many more, have made me proud to be neighbours with the great USofA! In so many ways I consider the nation of American music to be my favorite in the whole of the 20th Century! Many a great non-American composer has written his greatest masterpieces in the USA: Martinu, Hindemith, Schoenberg, Bartok, Dohnanyi, Stravinsky, Rachmaninov and so many more. Where indeed, would we be without America? But be rest assured, I have no love for the likes of their crappy popular "artists" such as that wretched skanky britney spears or lady gaga(I'm gagging). Has American tastes finally gone down to the bottom of the septic tank? I could cry! Shame for the crap we are subjected to on "American Idle"(sic)!

Listen to Mr. Piston's wonderful music and remember when America showed the world who was on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment