Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mahler in Warsaw!



The Naxos recording of the monumental Eighth Symphony by Herr Mahler is an absolute MUST hear! It is the best I have ever heard in the 40 years I have known and loved this work! The recording lets you hear every sound and voice as clearly as if you were there. There are moments in this recording where I can truthfully say I have NEVER heard, in any other performance, everything the Master put into his masterpiece. Kudos and bravos to Naxos and to one of the greatest conductors of our time: Antoni Wit. Another outstanding recording conducted by Maestro Wit is Penderecki's Seventh Symphony on the Naxos label. This one will blow you away.....sonically unbelievable!! I have always admired Maestro Wit, especially for his recording of Bedrich Smetana's "Ma Vlast". This is the only recording that EVER satisfied me, and I have heard them all! Naxos is to be praised for their determination to bring to the world the best artists and their recorded performances!

No comments:

Post a Comment